NaNoWriMo...and blatant baby bragging

Posted by on | |
Have you ever heard of NaNoWriMo? Basically, it's an excuse to get yourself to park in front of your computer and crank out some creativity. November is National Novel Writing Month (who would have ever thought we would have a whole month dedicated to that?) and it is a 30 challenge to get you to write a 50,000 word novel.

I tried it last year. I made it to about 14k and fizzled out. I had a 7 month old baby at home and not much time or energy, considering my day started at 5:45am and ended around 8pm. I was a total bore in those days.

Now that I am not working, I thought it would be a good opportunity to try again and hopefully get some good work done. So far? Stuck at 14k...again. But I have time! (Watch me try to crank it out in two days on the 28th. That's just how I roll.)

On a more fun note...Tuesdays and Thursdays are when I get to stay home with Micah (my 19 month old son) and play like crazy all day. He stays with my dad Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and my husband is home on the weekends. So those two days are all about us. We play, stuff our faces full of mandarine orange slices and broccoli pasta, and visit stores just to play with stuff. Today was one of those days.





And when I have some free time during naps, I try to make something that will make him excited when he wakes up. Since he is on a train kick (specifically Thomas, but any train will do), I whipped up this with my Silhouette and some of my handy-dandy freezer paper.

1 comments:

Andrea said...

He's a cutie! Great train shirt. Love that idea!

Post a Comment