He's going to be THREE?!

Posted by on | |
I honestly can't believe Micah is going to be three already. It feels like just yesterday I was holding him in one arm, and now it takes both arms and a lot of back and leg strength because he's huge. He does put away the food nowadays...I see a very empty fridge in his teenage years.



Last year I had a bunch of cutesy ideas for his birthday party, but I think this year I am going to focus on cake. Since I am a slacker and never get half of the things I want done, done. Hah. So I have been browsing some some cake ideas that would be a possibility for his little party, that would also be easy for me to make. (I'm not much of a baker!)

Micah is all about volcanoes. So when I spotted these, I knew I just had to try and find a pan that I could make these with. If anyone finds this kind of pan, let me know - I am coming up dry.



This is super cute, and doesn't look hard at all, though it is bigger than I'd like considering it will just be family coming for the party. Maybe I can just try it smaller.


This is all about the decoration, and looks simple enough, but I would have to special-order the M&M's. Boo.


This is another similar option, but I think it might work better for a girl.


Micah is also into trains (though not as much as volcanoes and bowling), and this looks really easy. Plus I can make enough for each guest to have their own.


I also need to get to work on his birthday shirt. My attempt last year ended up being sort of sad, because the iron-on sheets I bought were the wrong kind and they ended up peeling off. So I want to try applique this time.


Source: etsy.com via Aimee on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Heather on Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment